I’ve put it upon myself to update my car’s sound system this summer. This came about after my brother totaled his car and I was left with his 2 12 inch Alpine sub woofers and still in great condition. I was doing some reasearch on the matter and apperently there are quite a few things that need to be done first. It isn’t required to remove the factory radio that came with the car, but I figure “why not” might as well do it big if I’m going to do anything at all. I drive a 2008 Ford Focus and this is how you remove the radio:
1) You want to start off by pulling the e-brake all the way up as far as you can. I also found it helps to put the key in the ignition (you don’t need to start it) and put your automatic transmission into D or L. This will just make it easier when you pull off the plastic that surround it.
2). Open the middle storage compartment and pry the plastic up with a flathead screwdriver (see picture below).
3) Once you remove the center plastic that surrounds the e-brake and shift stick you need to remove the 2 screws that secure the bottom of the radio unit into place (please see the below picture).
4) Using a flathead screwdriver pry the plastic plate on the passenger side (where the airbag is located). This won’t come all the way off, as there’s a screw keeping it from doing so. You should be able to to get it off enough to be able to remove the radio.
5) Remove the two screws holding the plastic that surrounds the steering wheel.
6) Lower the steering wheel all the way and remove this plastic.
7) Remove the vents above the top of the radio dash unit.
8) Remove the two screws holding the radio in place.
9) Starting from the bottom begin to pull the dash unit out.
I hope this helps for anyone who wants to try this. I apologize for not knowing technical words for things or for my lack of explanations. I hope the pictures speak pretty much for themselves. Good luck!
Designed by 18-year old inventor Ben Poss Gulak, the 120-pound motorcycle is so easy to ride, it’s only control is a single on-off switch. To ride forward, simply lean forward, to reverse, lean back. The degree to which to you lean increase or decrease your velocity. By using a pair of wheels, the bike can also make turns based on your side-to-side movements. The bike is a self-balancing motorcycle that uses a pair of gyroscopes to constantly keep its rider upright.
Once we reach a certain age our licences should be revoked, it’s as simple as that!
This is how old people see themselves driving:
This is how everybody else sees them driving:
It was only acceptable for old people to drive, when they weren’t old, and neither was this style of car:
Old people are constantly getting into wrecks, or their cars are too smart for them and they don’t know how to use them. OR other cars appear out of nowhere and hit them.. It seems to me that everyone would be much safer if old people weren’t allowed to drive. What is your opinion on old drivers?
Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed annually in the United States on the last Monday of May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen Union soldiers of the Civil War. (Southern ladies’ organizations and southern schoolchildren had decorated Confederate graves in Richmond and other cities during the Civil War, but each region had its own date. Most dates were in May.) By the 20th century Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars. As a marker it typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.
Many people visit cemeteries and memorials, particularly to honor those who have died in military service. Many volunteers place an American flag on each grave in national cemeteries.
When you enable airplane mode from the Settings screen, an airplane icon appears in the status bar at the top of the screen and the following wireless connections and services are turned off:
- Cellular (voice and data)
- Location services
When airplane mode is on, you can still do things like:
- Listen to music
- Watch video
- Check your calendar
- Take or view pictures
- Hear alarms
- Use the stopwatch or timer
- Use the calculator
- Take notes
- Read text messages and email messages stored on iPhone
These two shows have been called “trash tv” but what is the point of these shows? Is it humor? No, the purpose of these shows is to help. Every episode of Maury either gives a DNA result or helps someone get out of a tough situation. Steve Wilkos is the exact same. The video posted above shows the two working together to help the young girls who have lost their way, through sex and violence. They work together to try to help those girls have a better life, as well as helping their families get their daughters back. These two shows may seem like ‘trash tv’ at first glance, but when you don’t have the money for a DNA test, or your daughter is 15 and a prostitute, sometimes the humiliation of national tv is your only choice.