More commonly known by his stage name Feed Me, Jon Gooch is a drum/bass electro house producer and DJ. Every one of his songs are so great and the albums come together perfectly. He even appears on tracks by Skrillex, Kill the Noise and Crystal Fighters. Needless to say, Jon Gooch is a force to be reckoned with in the dubstep community.
I have so much Feed Me on my CHILLSTEP playlist on Spotify! Basically it’s the best dubstep I could find. Right now there’s over 200 songs and it’s being added to daily. Definitely check it out if you want to hear some of Feed Me’s best tracks and other great ones too. The great thing about Spotify is it’s free! So please subscribe and enjoy.
These are the 11 Lacrosse Commandments that every player should follow.
- You must be able to catch, throw and shoot both left-handed and right-handed.
- The more time you spend playing lacrosse with your stick perpendicular to the ground (as opposed to parallel to the ground), the better player you will become. This allows the player to protect the full length of his stick with his body.
- Do not hold the ball in your stick. The ball can be passed over a distance at speeds faster than anyone can run. Defensive pressure becomes far less of an irritation when a player knows how to get rid of the ball.
- Move the ball immediately upon gaining possession of a loose ball. If your team picked up a loose ball, it can capitalize on the opponent′s misalignment only if it can move the ball before the opponent has time to adjust.
- You must learn how to move without the ball. Every lacrosse player plays 90% of the time without the ball. You must maximize your time without the ball so that you put yourself in a position to do something when you get it.
- You must move to the ball. This is particularly true when a player is (1) open on the backside (2) not being watched by a defense man in front of him and (3) receiving a pass to shoot.
- Look to a spot behind the goalie when you shoot. A spot behind the goalie is a spot out of the goalie′s momentum.
- Shoot with a quick release.
- Defense must have stick skills as good or better than both attack men and midfielders. Defense men must be able to clear the ball. Broken clears put teams in their most vulnerable position possible. The only way to ensure that clears do not fail is to make sure the ball does not go on the ground. That requires flawless throwing and catching.
- Defenders must play defense like boxers box. Boxers never stand still with reference to their opponent. They use their footwork to gain position and advantage. Neither do they leave their arm extended after throwing a punch. A defender should not leave his stick or his opponent′s hip. He must learn to move, check, and reload to repeat the process.
- Defenders do not have to take the ball away to play good defense. The purpose of all defense is to reduce the opponents′ scoring. That is accomplished by focusing on four factors: (1) prevent high percentage shots, (2) hinder passing that allows opponents into the prime shooting area, (3) gain possession of loose balls, and (4) begin the transition game. The attributes that every defender must have are footwork, stickwork, anticipation and hustle.
All information was gathered at WalthamLacrosse.com
Today, Google recognizes Niolaus Copernicus’s 540th birthday. Nicolaus is often considered the founder of modern astronomy and for a good reason; His heliocentric model single-handedly changed the way we think about our place in the universe. His model places the Sun, rather than the Earth, at the center of the universe.
This is the University of Texas at San Antonio’s official version of the Harlem Shake. The man dancing in the beginning is UTSA’s very own President, Dr. Ricardo Romo! What an amazing school to be apart of! I hope you enjoy.
So I dusted off my Game Boy Advanced the other week for the sole purpose of playing Pokémon. It was a complete coincidence that I stumbled upon this edition of the Harlem Shake. Watch out for the Diglett!
For some reason these Harlem Shake videos are sweeping the nation. Maybe it’s the catchy beat or the fact that people just want to go crazy around each other. Either way, the videos themselves are hilarious. This is UTSA’s first official Harlem Shake. Notice, I said first because they’re actually going to redo it. Don’t stare into the middle!
This has to be one of the funniest shows on TV. Although the newest season has a different writer, the show is still as witty as ever. I think my favorite characters would have to be Troy and Abed. They’re such great friends and they do just about everything together. Their adventures are comedy gold..