All movies have their own unique selling proposition because they’re all tailored for different people with different tastes. Some people have no interest in seeing the Avengers, but that is why advertising is so important! Because it is possible to sway those people on the fence with strategic marketing efforts!
Movies have a huge advantage when it comes to advertising because they don’t have to worry about indirectly promoting a substitute (similar product). If you were to see a commercial for shampoo or lotion, but it told you it wasn’t coming out for a couple of months, what would you do? If you’re like %99 of people, when you go out to buy shampoo or lotion, you’re not going to go home empty handed because the new brand wasn’t there. You may recall the brand and even the commercial, but in the end you buy what’s available. And movies have the ability, unlike many other products, to build anticipation before their release! This is good news for the people sitting in the Box Office. IF YOU MAKE MOVIES, THEY WILL WATCH THEM.
I’m looking everywhere for inspiration for AKPsi’s next shirt. I think this is a good place to start… ROWDYHEADS were founded by Carlos Vazquez and Nick Terry, both former members of Alpha Kappa Psi at UTSA. I am very proud of that fact and as Vice President of Marketing I plan on taking advantage of this product and incorporating it into our brand.
Jef Raskin holding Canon Cat
The Macintosh project began in the late 1970s with Jef Raskin, an Apple employee who envisioned an easy-to-use, low-cost computer for the average consumer. He wanted to name the computer after his favorite type of apple, the McIntosh.
However, the name “Mcintosh” was already in use by an audio equipment manufacturer. Steve Jobs requested a release of the name so that Apple could use it, but was denied, forcing Apple to eventually buy the rights to use the name.
This is relevant to anyone who is or was familiar with the Pokemon franchise. My friend pointed these two Pokemon out to me the other day and I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice them before! Pokemon has a lot of subtle references and this is definitely my new favorite by far.
I have a Bruce Lee poster in my room and my friend pointed at it and said,”Did you know that Hitmonlee is based off of Bruce Lee?” I honestly had never made that connection before. Of course he went on to say that Hitmonchan is based off of Jackie Chan. And now that I actually think about it, it makes so much sense! Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are two of the most powerful fighters in the game (just like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan). These two Pokemon are VERY evenly matched. Hitmonlee has a slightly higher attack while Hitmonchan has a slightly higher defense. It’s all up to your preference. I hope you found this as interesting as I did!
So I was on Stumble Upon earlier and I found this awesome digital interactivity. It’s called The Scale of the Universe and it’s probably the most fun I’ve had all day. I recommended it to all my friends because it’s just that big of a deal! So now you have to check it out!
Whilst stumbling on this Scale of the Universe, I came across a glowing star out of the hundreds and I thought I’d see what it was about. Procyon it was called; the brightest star in the Canis Minor constellation. To the naked eye it appears to be a single star, but it’s actually a binary star. A binary star is a star system consisting of two stars orbiting around their common center of mass. In Procyon’s case, one main sequence star and a faint white dwarf.
Over the next 10 million years, Procyon will grow to 100 times its current diameter and become red. This is a result of Procyon’s hydrogen shift to helium. Our Sun will do the same thing in a couple billion years. Pretty crazy, huh?
Tobacco Advertising is now one of the most highly regulated forms of marketing in the world. Some or all forms of tobacco advertising are banned in many countries.
Cigarettes are not banned from advertising in the United States but they are very limited. In April 1970, Congress passed the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act banning the advertising of cigarettes on television and radio starting on 2 January 1971. After 1971, most tobacco advertising has been seen in magazines, newspapers and on billboards.
Recently in the United States, several restrictions took effect under the newly enacted Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. Effective 22 June 2010, the new regulations prohibit tobacco companies from sponsoring sports, music, and other cultural events. Also, tobacco companies can no longer display their logos or advertise their products on T-shirts, hats, or other apparel.
I’ve always wondered this myself. I thought it would be an interesting read.
Today, my Best Dubstep playlist hit over 300 songs. I never thought it would grow to the playlist it is today; with over 3o subscribers and tracks being added weekly, if not daily. I’m honestly not the biggest fan of dubstep, but I do know what sounds good and I think my subscribers appreciate that. I sincerely try my best to only add the most catchy and awesome dubstep out there; hence the name of the playlist.
If you don’t already have a Spotify account, then sign up! It’s free and it’s the best music application around right now. Please listen and subscribe to Chillstep. Like I said, there are many more awesome dubstep songs to come! Enjoy 🙂
Today is UTSA’s infamous Diploma Dash. Put on by the Alumni Association, the Dash streaches just over 3 miles and takes the runner on a rather scenic route around the campus. Many of my friends from Alpha Kappa Psi are in attendance today, unfortunately I’m unable to go.
Hundreds of miles away there will be a lacrosse game. Not only today, but tomorrow too. Good old college level, division one lacrosse. The entire UTSA lacrosse team is staying in Denton, TX over night and it’s farthest game from home we’ve had to play. Needless to say, these two games are going to be tough. We play Texas Tech tonight at 6 and North Texas tomorrow at 1 pm. And then the inevitable drive back.. If we can clutch a win in either of these games, we’ll consider that a job well done. We’re definitely the underdog going into these games, but we have talent to get it done. Lets go Runners!
More commonly known by his stage name Feed Me, Jon Gooch is a drum/bass electro house producer and DJ. Every one of his songs are so great and the albums come together perfectly. He even appears on tracks by Skrillex, Kill the Noise and Crystal Fighters. Needless to say, Jon Gooch is a force to be reckoned with in the dubstep community.
I have so much Feed Me on my CHILLSTEP playlist on Spotify! Basically it’s the best dubstep I could find. Right now there’s over 200 songs and it’s being added to daily. Definitely check it out if you want to hear some of Feed Me’s best tracks and other great ones too. The great thing about Spotify is it’s free! So please subscribe and enjoy.
These are the 11 Lacrosse Commandments that every player should follow.
- You must be able to catch, throw and shoot both left-handed and right-handed.
- The more time you spend playing lacrosse with your stick perpendicular to the ground (as opposed to parallel to the ground), the better player you will become. This allows the player to protect the full length of his stick with his body.
- Do not hold the ball in your stick. The ball can be passed over a distance at speeds faster than anyone can run. Defensive pressure becomes far less of an irritation when a player knows how to get rid of the ball.
- Move the ball immediately upon gaining possession of a loose ball. If your team picked up a loose ball, it can capitalize on the opponent′s misalignment only if it can move the ball before the opponent has time to adjust.
- You must learn how to move without the ball. Every lacrosse player plays 90% of the time without the ball. You must maximize your time without the ball so that you put yourself in a position to do something when you get it.
- You must move to the ball. This is particularly true when a player is (1) open on the backside (2) not being watched by a defense man in front of him and (3) receiving a pass to shoot.
- Look to a spot behind the goalie when you shoot. A spot behind the goalie is a spot out of the goalie′s momentum.
- Shoot with a quick release.
- Defense must have stick skills as good or better than both attack men and midfielders. Defense men must be able to clear the ball. Broken clears put teams in their most vulnerable position possible. The only way to ensure that clears do not fail is to make sure the ball does not go on the ground. That requires flawless throwing and catching.
- Defenders must play defense like boxers box. Boxers never stand still with reference to their opponent. They use their footwork to gain position and advantage. Neither do they leave their arm extended after throwing a punch. A defender should not leave his stick or his opponent′s hip. He must learn to move, check, and reload to repeat the process.
- Defenders do not have to take the ball away to play good defense. The purpose of all defense is to reduce the opponents′ scoring. That is accomplished by focusing on four factors: (1) prevent high percentage shots, (2) hinder passing that allows opponents into the prime shooting area, (3) gain possession of loose balls, and (4) begin the transition game. The attributes that every defender must have are footwork, stickwork, anticipation and hustle.
All information was gathered at WalthamLacrosse.com