I don’t normally review video games, but after several late nights since it’s release date, it’s safe to say that this game has made an impression on me. If you played D1 then you’ll notice right away that you are able to use your old characters to play through the new story mode. A nice feature that is appreciated by many, myself included. Destiny 2, or Xbox I should say, has made LFG (looking for group) simple and easily accessible to everyone which opens up the multiplayer game in more ways than one! Find groups for PVP (player vs. player) and Strikes, and run through the opposition! If you’re more of a loner when it comes to your online gaming, Destiny 2 will put you into matchmaking and then find a group for you for the Crucible (PVP) and regular Strikes. However, Xbox’s LFG option is extremely helpful for players who want to get the most out of their gameplay. You can find dozens of folks on LFG all trying to accomplish the same events/missions as you. LFG is a must for players who wish to accomplish Nightfall (difficult strike), Leviathan (the raid), and Trials of the Nine (high intensity PVP). Once you have played around and found people you enjoy playing with, don’t be shy! Send them a friend request and keep playing! Chances are they’ll be back at it again the next day/week.
All in all, this game is a blast. 9/10 stars from me. Now that Bungie has fixed some of the glitches in the raid and elsewhere, I would feel comfortable giving this game a perfect score. If you enjoy first person shooters and MMORPG’s, this game is for you! Did I mention that Destiny has the same creators as Halo? What are you waiting for? This game is an experience that begs to be experienced. Indulge it.
This is relevant to anyone who is or was familiar with the Pokemon franchise. My friend pointed these two Pokemon out to me the other day and I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice them before! Pokemon has a lot of subtle references and this is definitely my new favorite by far.
I have a Bruce Lee poster in my room and my friend pointed at it and said,”Did you know that Hitmonlee is based off of Bruce Lee?” I honestly had never made that connection before. Of course he went on to say that Hitmonchan is based off of Jackie Chan. And now that I actually think about it, it makes so much sense! Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are two of the most powerful fighters in the game (just like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan). These two Pokemon are VERY evenly matched. Hitmonlee has a slightly higher attack while Hitmonchan has a slightly higher defense. It’s all up to your preference. I hope you found this as interesting as I did!
These are the 11 Lacrosse Commandments that every player should follow.
- You must be able to catch, throw and shoot both left-handed and right-handed.
- The more time you spend playing lacrosse with your stick perpendicular to the ground (as opposed to parallel to the ground), the better player you will become. This allows the player to protect the full length of his stick with his body.
- Do not hold the ball in your stick. The ball can be passed over a distance at speeds faster than anyone can run. Defensive pressure becomes far less of an irritation when a player knows how to get rid of the ball.
- Move the ball immediately upon gaining possession of a loose ball. If your team picked up a loose ball, it can capitalize on the opponent′s misalignment only if it can move the ball before the opponent has time to adjust.
- You must learn how to move without the ball. Every lacrosse player plays 90% of the time without the ball. You must maximize your time without the ball so that you put yourself in a position to do something when you get it.
- You must move to the ball. This is particularly true when a player is (1) open on the backside (2) not being watched by a defense man in front of him and (3) receiving a pass to shoot.
- Look to a spot behind the goalie when you shoot. A spot behind the goalie is a spot out of the goalie′s momentum.
- Shoot with a quick release.
- Defense must have stick skills as good or better than both attack men and midfielders. Defense men must be able to clear the ball. Broken clears put teams in their most vulnerable position possible. The only way to ensure that clears do not fail is to make sure the ball does not go on the ground. That requires flawless throwing and catching.
- Defenders must play defense like boxers box. Boxers never stand still with reference to their opponent. They use their footwork to gain position and advantage. Neither do they leave their arm extended after throwing a punch. A defender should not leave his stick or his opponent′s hip. He must learn to move, check, and reload to repeat the process.
- Defenders do not have to take the ball away to play good defense. The purpose of all defense is to reduce the opponents′ scoring. That is accomplished by focusing on four factors: (1) prevent high percentage shots, (2) hinder passing that allows opponents into the prime shooting area, (3) gain possession of loose balls, and (4) begin the transition game. The attributes that every defender must have are footwork, stickwork, anticipation and hustle.
All information was gathered at WalthamLacrosse.com
Based on THIS article. Is the NFL ethical?
1. The NFL is going through its roughest year yet. Referees have gone on strike for better wages and in order to keep up with game schedules replacement referees have been brought in. Monday night was one of the many inaccurate calls the referees have made so far. What should have been an interception was somehow called a touchdown. This is solely the NFL’s fault. They should be more concerned with facilitating the game the way it should be instead of cutting down costs by locking out the original referees.
2. The NFL is morally wrong on two levels. Firstly, the replacement referees are not up to par with the players and fans expectations of the game. If an outside factor in any way hinders one or both of the teams, the game has become unfair. Secondly, it’s the NFL’s obligation to assure the best and fairest game possible for everyone. If the referees don’t know the first thing about football then the game doesn’t flow as smoothly and people get upset because it’s not what they’re accustomed too.
3. The NFL should take full responsibility of these replacement referees and their calls. This is a problem that isn’t going to go away by itself. Either the NFL needs to invest in the replacements so that all referees are properly trained or (if they want to fix the real issue) rehire the original referees and pay them decently enough to be content. I believe more effort should have gone into negotiating the salaries of referees instead of just locking them out. Being a referee isn’t an easy job and they are within their rights to ask for more money.
I recently purchased an Xbox 360 from a friend who wasn’t using it anymore. I knew It was only a matter of time before I invested some money in a game system. When the opportunity presented itself, I did not hesitate. I contacted my friend after seeing his facebook update. I made him an offer, met up with him and $100 later, I have an Xbox
I only agreed to give him money for the Xbox, but he let me have all of his games too. Nothing too spectacular and only about 4 or 5 of them. At first glance, the games seemed to be pretty cheap. One of them was even from Burger King. I haven’t actually played that yet.
I’ve been to busy playing this other game that he gave me called Dante’s Inferno. If you are unfamiliar with the title, it came out 2010. It’s an action adventure game where you venture through hell controlling Dante, the game’s protagonist, while engaging in fast-paced combat, platforming and environment-based puzzles.
In the game, Dante’s primary weapon is the Grim Reaper’s Scythe and his secondary weapon is the Holy Cross. When you defeat demons you are awarded with souls. It is up to you whether you spend those souls on Holy or Unholy upgrades. It seems that the cross is actually stronger toward the end of the game, so I recommend upgrading Holy. The game is broken up into the 9 stages of hell:
- Limbo: The first proper stage of hell. Here, Dante must fend off the souls of unbaptized children and exploding men. The boss in this level is King Minos.
- Lust: This is the second proper stage of hell. Here, Dante must climb “Carnal Tower” only to find the Lucifer is corrupting Beatrice’s soul by revealing Dante’s Lustful sins. The bosses here are Marc Antony and Cerberus
- Gluttony: The third proper level of hell. Here, the souls of the gluttonous as well as worm demons need to be fended off by Dante as he continues his trek through hell. Lucifer informs Dante of how his lover and father came to die… as well as how Dante’s own father (Alighiero) attempted to seduce Beatrice while she was grieving Dante’s death. There is no proper boss on the level.
- Greed: The fourth proper level of hell. Dante must fend off the souls of the greedy, solve puzzles and work his way through this level in order to face off against the damned soul of his own father, Alighiero, who is the boss of this level.
- Anger: The fifth proper level of hell. Here, Dante has to cross the river Styx in order to enter the City of Dis. Once there, Dante bears witness to Beatrice giving herself to Lucifer. Enraged, Dante takes control of the giant demon, Phlegyas, and proceeds to force his way into the next level of hell. There is no boss on this level.
- Heresy: The sixth proper stage of hell. Here, Dante must fight his way through hordes of occult Lucifer worshipers and practitioners of black magic in order to move to the next stage of hell. There is no boss on this stage.
- Violence: The seventh stage of hell. Dante comes across Phlegethon, the endless river of boiling blood, and the Suicide Woods where the souls of those who harm themselves hang for eternity. It is here that Dante comes across the soul of his own mother. Having been told that she died of illness, Dante is enraged when he discovers that she killed herself to escape the torment caused by her husband, Alighiero. Dante then travels to the Desert of Burning Sands where he encounters the soul of his former best friend, and boss of this level, Francesco.
- Fraud: The eighth stage of hell. Here, Dante must fight his way through the ten trials of Malebolge. There is no actual boss on this level. Though, a few of the trials are considered to be worse…
- Treachery: The ninth and final stage of hell. Dante is confronted by Beatrice, who reveals Dante’s greatest sins. Afterwords, Dante is forced to fight against Lucifer, the final boss of the game.
This game is intense fun all the way through. I encourage you to try it. You won’t be disappointed!