Okay Walking Dead fans, I love you. I love all of you. We have to talk about that last episode or I might explode! I could barely watch it. Very devastating episode for the fans who have been following Rick and the crew since season 1. As you well know, Glenn has been a crucial part of his groups success and there’s no way in hell we going to let him go that easy! Here are my flawless, logical reasons why Glenn must still be alive.
- Glenn is too damn important in the series. Unlike other shows, The Walking Dead is able to kill off seemingly important characters. This adds to the intensity factor when the folks at home are watching the show on Sunday night. It’s scary, it’s fun, it’s exciting! We become attatched to characters and just like that BAM! Your favorite character could be the next one to go. It’s true, no one is safe in the show. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be very dramatic, would it?
- The Walking Dead knows that it needs to keep the audience on the edge of our seats at all times. And if last episode is any indication, they are doing a damn good job of it! I believe that the Glenn dying scene is a stunt to get the audience upset about taking one of their favorite characters. This probably wouldn’t go over well with almost every other show, but this isn’t “every other show”. This is The Walking Dead! And you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be watching the next episode looking for answers just like you.
- If you’re impatient, you’re probably wondering when I’m actually going to explain how Glenn is alive. Well let me just say that patience is a virtue and you will get your answers! It is important to understand the reasoning behind why the show would pretend to kill off a main character. It is also just as important if not more important than how they explain him surviving in the next episode.
- The Walking Dead would not do this to us! I realize that no character is safe in this show, but the fact is that isn’t true. I’ll bet a million dollars that Rick, Carol, and Daryl all survive the next episode. Will there be some close calls? Of course, we expect that! That’s what makes it exciting to watch, but how can I so confidently say that these characters won’t die?
- Because we are not just watching a zombie show! Some people will never understand how much more this show really is. The Walking Dead (and Fear TWD for that matter) are shows about the survivors of the apocalypse. Key word: survivors. If every week there was a new cast of characters doomed to die a horrible zombie filled death, well I still think people would watch, but no one would care like they do now.
- Back to my last point about the show being about survivors. That is why I can confidently say all of these characters will be alive after next week. Because they have survived obviously. They’ve had to make difficult decisions and choices (which add to the intensity factor) and you can call it luck if you want, but these people are fighting. I don’t think there is any doubt about that.
- Glenn is not only a survivor, but he is a fighter. He also is damn good hearted person. Which is saying alot because we’ve seen the zombie apocalypse change people. And when they change it’s almost always for the worst. Yet, Glenn has proven that a good person (like you or me), a pizza delivery driver, a random person can still be good in the face of so much evil.
- Glenn is a good person. That is a fact at this point. He spared whatshisname’s life after he tried to kill Glenn. Most if not all of us would agree that Glenn should have left that guy bleeding out in the woods for the zombies. But Glenn isn’t you or me, he is a good person (lol). And good people shouldn’t die in real life or in tv shows!
- Sure maybe Glenn is too kindhearted and trusting. But to kill off a main character… At the hands no less, of the guy (who we all hate) who he saved in the previous episode! That is not irony, that is just down right wrong! Myself and a plethora of Walking Dead fans would never forgive the show for this. I understand, you have to kill off characters sometimes, but not like this. This isn’t how Glenn dies.
- Finally, this is what I believe will happen… Glenn falls on the ground and whatshisname falls on top of Glenn. Creating a literal human shield. Therefore the blood, guts and entrails that appeared to be Glenn’s are actually not! Vuala! Glenn is still alive! But what then? There are roughly a million zombies on all sides of him with no where to go. Still not looking good for the survivor, but the dumpster he was standing on is elevated enough for him to possibly find cover under. His seemingly hopeless situation has improved, but he’s not away from the herd yet. He must either quickly (and conveniently, but I don’t care) find a sewer to get away safely or use his walkie-talkie as a distraction so he can climb onto the near building and get away safely.
All of my scenarios involve Glenn getting away safely because that is what I want to believe happens. Of course, I could be wasting everyone’s time, but I’m obviously not the only one who cares about this. I feel weird saying this, but I think I speak for every Walking Dead fan when I say “Please don’t be dead Glenn!”
Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think!