1. When and where was the fraternity founded?
- New York University, Washington Square, New York
- October 5, 1904
- Assembly Room, 32 Waverly Place
2. Two things the fraternity’s alcohol policy prohibits?
- No “drinking games” shall be permitted
- The possession, sale or use of illegal drugs or controlled substances is prohibited
3. When was the local chapter founded?
- Chartered in March 28, 1992
4. What state and on what date was the fraternity incorporated?
- New York, May 20 1905
5. What is the term used to refer to the four Founding Fathers?
- Brooklyn Four
6. Who are the ten men credited as the founders of the fraternity?
- Frederic R. Leach*
- Nathan Lane Jr.*
- George L. Bergen*
- Howard M. Jefferson*
- Morris S. Rachmil
- Robert S. Douglas
- Daniel V. Duff
- Irving L. Camp
- Herbert M. Wright
- William O. Tremaine
7. How and when were women granted membership?
- By vote of the Board of Directors on August 7, 1976
8. What is the fraternity’s flower?
- Yellow Rose – symbolizes joy, happiness and friendship
9. Where is the fraternity now incorporated and when was this approved?
- Indianapolis, Indiana 1997
10. What are the fraternity’s colors?
- Navy Blue and Gold
- Five weeks
12. What is the fraternity’s meeting opening question and response?
- Q) For what purpose are we gathered?
- A) To deliberate, to receive counsel and advice and to study the teachings of the fraternity so that we may become better leaders.
13. What are two things the fraternity’s hazing policy prohibits?
- No chapter shall conduct hazing activities.
- At no time during the pledge education is there to be verbal abuse of an individual, including shouting, screaming and the use of profanity.
14. What are two things the fraternity’s harassment policy prohibits?
- Unwelcome sexual advances
- Requests for sexual favors
15. What is the fourth risk management policy and what does it prohibit?
- Electronic Images; posting or distribution of any photos, videos, etc. that shows policy violations or can put the fraternity in a bad light.
16. What is the fraternity’s anthem?
The Anthem of Alpha Kappa Psi
Tune: Auld Lang Syne
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
And Alpha Kappa Psi?
Shall we pass slowly out of view
Without Regret or sigh?
For Alpha Kappa Psi, my friend, for Alpha Kappa Psi
We’ll bless the days that we have spent
In Alpha Kappa Psi
We’ll work with might and main to win
Our meed of daily praise,
But ne’er shall we in after years
Forget fraternal days.